Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Question about IPTV pentestng - packet manipulation for subscribing charged content

From: 김무성 <kimms () infosec co kr>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:04:05 +0900

Hello list.

2010.1.14, I sent to list Below e-mail.

So someone gave me information. about netsed

http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/soft/netsed.tgz

It was a tool which I want

Structure)

Monitor - IPTV STB - PC(attacker) - VDSL modem - internet

PC have two NIC.

Bridge mode.

Ex)      ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0

           Ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0

           Brctl addbr br0

           Brctl addif br0 eth0

           Brctl addif br0 eth1

           Ifconfig br0 up

And then run tcpdump

bash# tcpdump -n -i eth0

         (lots of funny stuff)

bash# tcpdump -n -i eth1

         (lots of funny stuff)

And I could watch IPTV normally.

Netsed have a localport.

So if packet is sent localport, netsed will edit this packet and forward.

Bash# netsed     tcp      10000      0           0       s/abc/def

                 Protocol  localport  remoteIP   rPort     rule

For IPTV packet forwarding to netsed’s localport, run these command.

bash# ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -p IPv4 --ip-protocol 6 \

        --ip-destination-port 80 -j redirect --redirect-target ACCEPT

bash# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 80 \

        -j REDIRECT --to-port 10000

Because IPTV is on bridge network, I use ebtables and iptables.

Finally, when IPTV want to look for VoD list, it send http packet.

But netsed cannot receive forwarded packet. So I cannot watch VoD list.

All of this is to subscribe charged content.

What was wrong?

Hello list.

I’m pen testing IPTV.

Example)

Monitor - IPTV STB - PC(attacker) - VDSL modem - internet

PC has two NIC

Two NIC are bridge mode

IPTV STB sends request packet for knowing that where is specific file for playing.

To server port 8080.

POST /VoD/whereisvod.cgi

a1d1.mpg

Server’s response is

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

192.168.10.10

And then

IPTV STB sends RTSP packet to 192.168.10.10.

To server port 554

           DESCRIBE a1d1.mpg

And play.

I wanna edit this file name. (a1d1.mpg is free, a1d2.mpg not free)

POST /VoD/whereisvod.cgi

a1d2.mpg

DESCRIBE a1d2.mpg

For this, I have to packet sniffing and blocking them and manipulation packet and resend.

Are there tools?