Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Compliance Is Wasted Money, Study Finds

From: Shaqe Wan <sha8e () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

Michel,

Sorry, I didn't understand your first question!

Regarding your 2nd question. You won't get compliant if you update your AV on a annually basis. You shall fail the
quarter check done by an QSA(s). So first check is not available. For me if the companies staff is well educated and a
we have a good IR team, plus the other goodies you mentioned, then for sure I shall go with selection #2 :)

I hate these rules, but really they are something enforced on us. And without them our business can't be done. Or does
someone here suggest we close our shops/companies and go home just because we dislike/disagree/hate the PCI Compliance
requirements?

I think that its not a bad to implement these requirements to get compliant by these companies, and then do what we
think is the best. I.e, develop a more security policy to work on top of the PCI or vise versa. Get compliant then go
further.

BTW: I hope your able to understand my point, as my English seems to be bad :(

Regards,