Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Compliance Is Wasted Money, Study Finds

From: Mike Hale <eyeronic.design () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:20:35 -0700

You don't think in-house payment gateways can be as stable as third
party gateways?

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com> wrote:
it is simply part of the cost of doing business in that market.
A.k.a. wasted money. Truth be told, I'm no fan of PCI.
Other companies get the same functionality (accept the storage of credit
cards) without worrying about PCI/DSS (e.g. through Payment Gateways).
In the end, as a service, what do I want, an inventory of credit cards, or a
stable payment system? The later I guess.
As to security, it totally depends on implementation; one can handle credit
cards without the need of standards compliance.

My two cents.

Regards,
Christian Sciberras.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Thor (Hammer of God) <Thor () hammerofgod com>