Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Distribution of passwords between man and women

From: Anıl Kurmuş <akurmus () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:24:39 +0200

99% confidence interval
for men: 1.65 to 1.73% (use lastname as a password, granted)
women : 1.36 to 1.52%

seems like there is a difference, but not very significant  imo :)

Anıl Kurmuş
---------------
GPG Key :
http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~kurmus/key

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 19:02, Tõnu Samuel <tonu () jes ee> wrote:
Hi all kind of bad people in this list.

Want to share weird thing I discovered today: Men have MUCH worse
passwords than females. There is a user database where men to woman
ratio is 5.2:1 but men but use last name more often as password. Ratio
is 6.2:1. When it somes to bad password like "123456", men used it on
9.3:1 ratio. More details I put on page:

http://no.spam.ee/~tonu/passwords.html

If you want me run more queries on this DB, mail me in private back and
publish them too on same page.

 Tõnu