Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hack-Mail.net or similar site

From: maxigas <maxigas () anargeek net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:43:08 +0100 (BST)

From: mamo <mamo74 () gmail com>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Hack-Mail.net or similar site
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:20:24 +0200

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Andrew Farmer <andfarm () gmail com> wrote:

So, in other words, they're spoofing From addresses for profit. Clever.

I never tried them. I will just for fun (with my email address).
Perhaps they are doing something more smart (like brute forcing with
dictionary, use some virus or web attack or something else).

Mamo

tell us how it went, my guess was also that they are just setting that from= address and that's
it, so you don't get a working password after all.  but i have no 20$ to test it.  :f

maxigas