Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Source for USB stick with hardware write-protect?

From: Joe <joe () jretrading com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:07:22 +0100

K K wrote:
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:17 PM, offbitz <offbitz () gmail com> wrote:
I've got a couple of the PQI U339H (16GB) and they work great but be
forewarned, the switch is small and easily breakable if you do not have the
right size of tool to get in there and switch it..  This is especially bad
if it breaks while switched to write protect.

Thanks, this sounds the closest to what I am looking for.

It's a shame no vendors appear to offer flash drives with an
accessible hardware write switch, the few who have a switch at all go
out of their way to hide the write protect, make it difficult to
'flip'.

http://www.easydisk.com/ if you don't need very big ones.

--
Joe