Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Dark side of bookmarks

From: "Memisyazici, Aras" <arasm () vt edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:51:32 -0500

MustLive:

I really don't want to start a flame-war nor am I trying to belittle you or your work but...

Your "article", unless I misunderstood, is useless. To explain further, your article lacks substance. For instance you
state: "could be used in DoS attack for browsers" yet you provide no working PoC/example(s)

What about mitigation? What about prevention?

No offense but scare-tactics don't help ANYBODY... As a sysadmin, I would've appreciated some more details or at least
some answers to my questions above! :)

In any case, thank you for putting together such an entry and look forward to your continued, hopefully improved
research results!

Sincerely,
Aras 'Russ' Memisyazici
Systems Administrator