Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who is destroying our internet?

From: A.L.M.Buxey () lboro ac uk
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:35:29 +0100

Hi,

While these two events are not related in anyway, I am wondering why people
don't create backup off site or don't plan normal failsafe's when there site
is as big as Google (we have seen a few popular sites die because of this
mistake)

err, google isnt just one server - they have a whole farm of servers etc

when a logic issue exists for your cloud infrastructure or you have
interdomain/interglobal routing issues then no method will really
save you - the new world of global computing introduces new methodology
and paradigms - and noones made best practice for those yet ;-)

alan