Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: PayPal donation form reveals beneficiary's email address

From: ghost <ghosts () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 23:02:23 -0400

You wrote a security advisory with 11 references which you provided on
the bottom simply to say...

paypal leaks your e-mail address.

The security industry is not for you, go back to checkers.

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Eitan Caspi <eitancaspi () yahoo com> wrote:
I agree Frank, and so I wrote "By clicking a recent version (so I believe, I can't trace and test various versions)
of a PayPal Donation button...".

It doesn't happen in ALL of the donation buttons. I also believe this happens mostly in button codes created by the
PayPal site and less or at all in donation buttons/forms manually created by the beneficiary at its own site, and I
think the site you linked to is made just with this kind of manual code.

Eitan