Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Funny bugs in Windows Server 2003

From: Rubén Camarero <rjcamarero () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:10:44 -0400

You should clarify that the triggers fot these 31337 non-real security bugs
are "%n" x 1100 and not "%n%n%n..." x 1100 for the lower intelligence crowd
that currently subscribes to this list.

FYI: Microsoft's operating system, Windows, has many format overflows in
_vsprintf() that result in the BSOD when owning kernel drivers.