Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Hardening TCP/IP Stack

From: Ahmed Sheipani <sheipani () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:05:43 +0200

*Hardening TCP/IP Stack*

*By Ahmed S. Shibani*

* *

*Overview*

* *

     During my work as a server administrator for a web hosting company, I
have noticed how often it is to get under random SYN flood attacks, and
using the latest firewalls did not prove to be the ultimate solution, you
still get affected by the attacks, I believe that the best way to mitigate
those attacks is by securing the TCP/IP stack itself, here I will collect
the most useful information I have found on doing this. All instructions in
this article will be for Linux, I will indicate so if different.

Continue Reading...<http://sec.ure.ly/?s=blog&m=permalink&x=hardening-tcpip-stack>

http://sec.ure.ly