Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Slashdot hacked?

From: Danila Wartho <compsecguy () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:28:34 +0000

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:18:40 -0400
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Slashdot hacked?
From: randy () procyonlabs com

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:51:08 -0400
From: randy () procyonlabs com
To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk

On Thu, July 23, 2009 5:47 pm, Compsec Guy wrote:

What's wrong with Slashdot today?

Nothing.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.It was just hacked and it's discussed
everywhere.

I just saw ron1n (author of statdx.c) drawing parallels to his owning of
antionline (he succeeded when n1nor million others didn't).
Source: http://www.infosecnews.org/hypermail/0011/3009.html

Then we must be on different Internets, because it is working fine here in
the Washington, DC area of the USA.

Apparently only Europe is affected due to an anycasted (BGP routing) web service.The bug is only present on the
European hosted server.
Can we have an official reply from the Slashdot folks about what happened?It's important all the details get out.
Thanks, - Danila