Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: BBC makes no reference to Cyber War only Cyber Protest

From: "Yudi Rosen" <yr42.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:55:39 +0200

Does it really matter what it's called?

What would you call that little incident in Estonia a couple years back?
Would you call that war or protest?

And even with the current Israeli/Palestinian hacking 'skirmish'...why is
that just a 'protest' and not a war?

Sure, BBC might call it a 'protest', but two sides fighting with each other,
trying to defend their own systems yet at the same time attacking those of
the other side...sounds a lot like war to me.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM, andrew. wallace <