Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:24:10 -0800

Easily the best environment for packet manipulation is scapy.

The most guaranteed to work approach involves putting a system with two
interfaces in as an attacker, and running two scapy processes that copy
frames received on one interface onto the other one.  Of course, your copier
parses the frames, changes what needs to be changed, fixes up checksums,
etc.

There are other approaches that are preferable for all sorts of reasons, but
the above means you don't need to fight with ARP or addresses or firewall
rules or the kernel.  (Proxy ARP, mangle tables, yadda yadda yadda.)