Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: THC releases video and tool to create fake ePassports

From: Tonnerre Lombard <tonnerre.lombard () sygroup ch>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:50:36 +0200

Salut, Ed Carp,

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:38:20 -0700, Ed Carp wrote:
And obvious (and interesting) use would be to generate an ePassport
that would flag the bearer as having diplomatic immunity.

As you may or may not have noticed, the bearers of diplomatic
immunity in most countries do not get epassports "for security
reasons".

Yes, but do the folks at the border know this? ;)  A false diplomatic
ePassport might get one out of a foreign country before it is
discovered it is a fake

Please remind me, which electronic attribute tags an ePassport as
diplomatic if no diplomatic ePassports exist?

- and I'd rather spend time in an American jail for a false
diplomatic passport than in just about any other country for anything
else!

You're into SM/torture? TMD.

                                Tonnerre
--
SyGroup GmbH
Tonnerre Lombard

Solutions Systematiques
Tel:+41 61 333 80 33            Güterstrasse 86
Fax:+41 61 383 14 67            4053 Basel
Web:www.sygroup.ch              tonnerre.lombard () sygroup ch