Full Disclosure mailing list archives

"Poison-pill auto-disclosure for security vulnerabilities" by Paul Robinson

From: "Shawn Merdinger" <shawnmer () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:37:32 -0400

fyi, an interesting email to Risks Digest 25.43:
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.43.html

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 02:15:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Robinson <paul () paul-robinson us>
Subject: Poison-pill auto-disclosure for security vulnerabilities

I have thought of something regarding researchers who have made
security discoveries, and I thought of a way in which they might
legally develop, in effect, a 'poison pill' to those who would want to
silence them.  I'm not a lawyer and I don't know all of the exact
requirements but I thought of an interesting way to cause "blowback"
on those who try to browbeat others into silence.

--scm