Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [inbox] Re: Supporters urge halt to, hacker's, extradition to US

From: "Michael Krymson" <krymson () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:18:52 -0500

Sorry, I fail at email and at first didn't send it to FD, and when I thought
I had, I munged the address. Go me! I'll see how badly I can bungle this up
further by pulling this back to FD. Is it ok if I leave the post intact at
the bottom? :)

I just wanted to let you know I know a tiny bit how the American system
works (I live here). "Beyond reasonable doubt" is typically a murder trial
thing. But reasonable doubt in general is typical when interpreting and
applying laws. It's just when one uses that "beyond reasonable doubt" that
it evokes murdermurdermurder thoughts. What a reasonable person believs is a
lot different than saying there is no doubt about something. In one case
you're trying to prove guilt as much as possible, in the other you're just
trying to apply common sense.

I'd stick by my saying entertain a blank password is like testing a door and
finding it unlocked, or that is accepts my key that I just happened to have
in my pocket. Just because it works does not imply I'm welcome. I would say
that a reasonable person would understand that.

Thanks for the response, by the way, despite my fails.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Eliah Kagan