Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Snort Signature to det ect credit cards

From: "Fredrick Diggle" <fdiggle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 01:07:49 -0500

Fredrick Diggle would like to disclose a vulnerability in email auto
responders. Using these auto responders causes information disclosure
that the victim is currently not in the office. an attacker could use
this information to know when a victim is not in the office and XSS
their browser for fun and profit.

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Nick FitzGerald
<nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
Randal T. Rioux to Bill West:

 > > I am no longer on-site full time and have limited access to e-mail. I will
 > > respond to you as soon as I can. If your issue is an emergency, please use
 > > the contacts below.
 <<snip>>

 > Did I mention the social engineering treasures sent around the world with
 > each one? Do you really work in security?

 Maybe this kind of thing is why he no longer...

 Regards,

 Nick FitzGerald