Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: agile hacking?

From: reepex <reepex () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:48:01 -0500

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Nate McFeters <nate.mcfeters () gmail com>
wrote:

I don't consider myself a 'kiddie' and I've considered contributing to
it.  I feel like the old adage of blowing out someone elses flame to make
yours burn brighter applies here.  Reepex, I didn't get a chance to see your
presentation at kiwicon, bit to expensive for an American on a tight budget
to get out there, but if you have a link, I'd love to have a look.  We've
talked before, so I assume the presentation is good since I know you know
your stuff; however, I've also seen some cool stuff come out of PDP and
Gnucitizen... why the need to bash?

I did not give the talk, thoth did. The reason I brought it up is because of
http://www.gnucitizen.org/blog/agile-hacking/#comment-116766
where pdp blindly assumes thoth does not have a clue, while not knowing his
background which must be some strange complex where people think anyone who
disagrees with them is inferior.

  Web app hacking may not be the coolest topic in the world to yourself
and many others, but it is something that a lot of companies are concerned
with these days,

Yes and we agreed web hacking has its place... the point I made was that you
cannot write 'the best hacking manual ever made' as pdp is touting it while
only covering web hacking and running combinations of different tools such
as kismet/tcpdump that pdp mentined as an example.