Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: xss dot(.) filter evasion

From: "Thomas Pollet" <thomas.pollet () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:01:45 +0200

Hi,

2008/6/19 Andrew Farmer <andfarm () gmail com>:

On 18 Jun 08, at 08:49, Thomas Pollet wrote:

I came across this site that implemented some filtering so the dots were
replaced by an underscore, also the quotes and backslash were escaped.
I came up with the code below to bypass this filtering (write anything to
the page using String.fromCharCode)
Someone knows a different way to do this?

eval makes everything easy. Well, reasonably easy.

eval(unescape(String(/%2a%2a%2falert(%22xss%22);%2f%2a%2a/)));

the problem was I couldn't call the String class method fromCharCode as it
would be called by String.fromCharCode, so just using eval didn't really
solve this.
Using with(String) i didn't need to call fromCharCode the way a class method
is normally called.
Thanks for replying though.

Regards,
Thomas Pollet