Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Joel Esler comment on Sans ISC podcast

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () mac com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:56:33 -0400

On Jun 18, 2008, at 12:26 PM, n3td3v wrote:

Joel Esler said he doesn't switch his phone off on flights and that
anyone who is on a plane with him should watch out.

First of all, I said "before I got the iPhone with the 'airplane' mode" I'd forget to turn off my phone alot, i'd throw it in my briefcase when I'd go through security, and forget it's in there. Heck I've seen people actually been able to receive calls on their crackberries while in mid flight. Not that they answered them. But I've seen the phones ring. I have an iPhone now, I place it in airplane mode when I get on a flight.

There are actually studies going on RIGHT NOW to see if phones can be allowed to be used during flights by the FCC/FAA, and in other countries as well.

Personally I hope this doesn't go through, as I don't want to be sitting next to some dude during my 100,000+ miles I fly a year to hear yacking the whole flight.

Is this some kind of dry american humour that i'm missing here or is
that not even funny?

yes, It was a joke.  Sorry if it was in bad taste.

--
Joel Esler
  joel.esler () mac com