Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New round of SSH scan IP's

From: Peter van den Heuvel <peter () txnt net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:20:03 +0200

its not quite the best way, human resource-wise,
to get on top of these damn scanners :-|
We've replaced the allow ssh access to all with an allow on a need
basis. So most national IP-ranges, several foreign ones and some static
IPs are allowed. All the rest is bumped. We have no customers in China,
Korea, Russia, etc. It sure cut down on the number of scans we see.

We'll probably add rate limitation on top.

Client certificates would cut it down completely, but is more expensive
to implement. It would also require everybody to always carry a USB (or
something) with their cert.

--
Thanks, Peter