Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: JaPCrypt

From: Gerardo Di Giacomo <gerardo () linux it>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:05:48 +0100

It's true that with MITM you could "poison" the javascript to steal the key (cookie stealing style) but I think that it's a reasonable risk due to the "non-enterprise" environment, in which the suite has been thought for. Stealing the key requires a targeted attack MITM, in a precise moment.

I think it's better to use JaPCrypt then normal HTTP... and don't forget that all pages "protected" with JaPCrypt won't be indexed by crawlers. The "main" problem by now is not massive MITM but massive sniffing, and with this suite the problem of "mass-sniffing" is avoided.

Regards,
 Gerardo