Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS OWA 2003 Redirection Vulnerability - [MSRC 7368br]

From: Peter Watkins <peterw () tux org>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:50:14 -0500

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 11:36:26AM -0500, Micheal Cottingham wrote:
I found and reported this back in 2005/2006. Microsoft told me that it
had been reported previously and that it would be fixed in the next
release, which I'm guessing they meant 2007. I do not know if they
have fixed it in Exchange 2007.

Similary, a few years ago (Nov/Dec 2005, I believe) I notified Microsoft
about some CSRF flaws in OWA 2003. Sending a message, deleting a message,
and logging out were all vulnerable. An attacker could trick a victim
into sending an insult to her bosses (that would show up as an "internal"
message) and removing the message from her Sent Items folder. Clearing the
deleted items folder, or removing a single message from the deleted items
folder, did not appear to be vulnerable(!). Microsoft said the flaws were
fixed in Exchange 2007 but I have no way of verifying that.

-Peter