Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Inside India’s CAPTCHA Solving Economy

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:31:43 -0500

--On August 31, 2008 2:43:32 AM +0300 Razi Shaban <razishaban () gmail com> wrote:

 If nothing else, CAPTCHA is increasing the bad guys' costs of doing
business, and that's a good thing.

By two dollars per thousand email addresses. Yahoo allows 100 emails
per hour. That means that they're spending two dollars to send
2,400,000 emails per day.

Sounds pretty expensive to me.

Try reading. I never said it made it expensive. I said it *increased* their cost of doing business. Every penny they spend on de-CAPTCHA is one less penny in their pockets.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.
WARNING: Check the headers before replying