Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Greedy Jews fact of the day

From: "Razi Shaban" <razishaban () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:20:44 +0300

Quick question:
What does any of this have to do with "Full Disclosure"?
Are any of you disclosing anything?

--
Razi

On 4/2/08, Glenn.Everhart () chase com <Glenn.Everhart () chase com> wrote:

The atrocities in Canaan reported about places like Jericho and Ai happened
something like 3 millennia ago now; time to
get over them, and remember there may be statements in the Bible which are
not divinely inspired. In fact the Bible says
there are. See for example Jeremiah 8:8 which I have seen translated as
roughly:
   "How can you say 'we are wise, for we have Yahweh's Torah' when it was
written for a lie, by the lying pens of scribes"

The tales of Ai and Jericho and so on that come down to us do let us know
the Bible narration has survived pretty well
intact, not been cleaned up or prettied up as happens with so many
narrations with unpleasant acts done by the protagonists.

The later prophets gave a much more worthy picture of how God wants us to
act, as did Christ.

Yes, there are people who claim their religion advocates killing all other
groups, disposessing them, stealing from them,
etc. etc. but people like that tend to have lives that are (as Hobbes put
it) nasty, brutish, and short.  Remembering ancient
feuds and wrongs particularly after so long a time is a good way to claim
such a fate also. Thus folks should have a care
about feeding old feuds too.