Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Web Application Security Awareness Day

From: Jeff Stebelton <jeff.stebelton () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:24:30 -0400

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM, n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com
<mailto:xploitable () gmail com>> wrote:

    Why May 1st 2008? Because web applications are closely related to
    e-commerce
    and May Day is a common day for peaceful anti-capitalism protests, so
    it makes sense
    to be on this day.

I almost missed this little jewel, having the inestimable Mr. "n3td3v"
in my junk list (anyone else think it odd he always refers to himself in
the third party?)

I want to see if I can follow the logic here. May 1st is a common day
for ANTI-capitalism protests. Web applications are tied to e-commerce.
Therefore, the day you *protest* commerce is the perfect day to hold a
contest that conceivably you wish to help make commerce more *secure*?
These threads never  fail to provide some comic relief just when I need it.