Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New term "RDV" is born

From: Epic <epic () hack3r com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:59:30 -0400

How about SPB - (Stupid Pointless Bullshit)

The noise level on this list is pathetic anymore....

On 9/28/07, Troy <gimmespam () gmail com> wrote:

Wouldn't UDV be more appropriate, for unpatched disclosed vulnerability?
The "R" in RDV means recent. I wouldn't consider a two-month old, but still
unpatched, vulnerability to be recent, so I wouldn't really be able to call
it an RDV. I would, however, be able to call it a UDV.

Another option would be EDV, for exploitable disclosed vulnerability, or
even just UV or EV. Why do we need to bring up the point that it's
disclosed? How could we be discussing an undisclosed vulnerability?