Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: CN spam links in Google and Yahoo

From: "James Matthews" <nytrokiss () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:17:52 -0700

If you run a blog you can see easily why these sites are indexed! I get
hundreds of spam comments from them!

On 9/25/07, blah <blah () blakogre com> wrote:

Read your SANS diary daily!

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3408

Spammers feeling lucky with Google
Published: 2007-09-21,
Last Updated: 2007-09-21 07:31:49 UTC
by Bojan Zdrnja (Version: 2)

For quite some time spammers have been trying to hide links advertised
in their e-mails. The main reason for this is probably increasing
effectiveness of various realtime blocklists, such as SURBL. For those
that aren't familiar with SURBL (http://www.surbl.org), it's an RBL
that lists list URIs found in spam e-mails. In other words, instead of
listing spam zombies or relays, RBLs like SURBLs list sites that are
referenced in advertised spams.

<SNIP - you get the idea - or click above>