Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DHS need to get on top of this right now

From: "Mike Owen" <kyphros () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:27:04 -0700

On 10/24/07, worried security <worriedsecurity () googlemail com> wrote:
I'm sorry everyone I was just trying to highlight a valid point, i didn't
expect a flame war to errupt.

The DHS need to ban ISP's from talking about infrastructure security in
public places. it should be classified information don't you all think?

No, it shouldn't be classified. Besides, having DHS (lol) try to "ban
isps from talking" is absurd in the extreme. Even ignoring the point
that DHS is incompetent, there is a rather large issue with DHS being
a US-centric agency, and this whole intarweb thing being world wide.