Full Disclosure mailing list archives

The real motivations of vulnerability disclosure

From: "Mr Frog" <hacking4froggies () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:09:51 -0700

For the past 10 years when a vulnerability in a major site is discovered
people freak out. I'm not debating the importance of certain site
vulnerabilities such as those exposing personal or account information. I'm
going to talk about one of those things people think, but don't speak
publicly about which involves the intentions of those vulnerability
disclosure folks. I'm going to break down these types of people and some
people in the 'industry' are going to laugh and others possibly be offended.
If you have a problem with this then we can meet in an alley for warfare,
but please don't bring salt as it burns.

http://hackingfrog.blogspot.com/2007/10/o-o-omg-frog.html

- Froggie