Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft FTP Client Multiple

From: "Daniel H. Renner" <dan () losangelescomputerhelp com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:31:26 -0800

Dude VanWinkle wrote:
On Nov 29, 2007 12:11 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:44:40 PST, "Daniel H. Renner" said:
 From what I've noticed, users of MS' FTP client aren't the usual
Windows GUI user.  So that would be one good social engineering trick...
I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of those FTP client users
aren't suffering from the same smug "I'm too klewed to fall for it" attitude
that many Mac users have....

Or of there is a way to use this to take advantage of IE's ftp client
view functionality...

-JP

That would seem to be more realistically attainable.

Sincerely,

Daniel H. Renner
President
Los Angeles Computerhelp