Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Medium security hole affecting DSL-G624T

From: Tim Brown <timb () nth-dimension org uk>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:59:35 +0100

On Thursday 03 May 2007 23:19:55 3APA3A wrote:

Not exactly, read first link carefully:

Tested on D-Link DSL-G624T
Version: Firmware Version : V3.00B01T01.YA-C.20060616

Discovered by:

Jose Ramon Palanco: jose.palanco(at)eazel(dot).es

Fair enough I stand corrected but it's been there since 1.something, so either
way it's not new.  I shall be more careful to read responses in future :).
To categorically state what I mentioned in the original advisory, "I do not
make any claim to having discovered the directory traversal first, I simply
want the bug fixed".

Jose  mentions  both  directory  traversal  and  3  examples of crossite
scripting.  Crossite  scripting examples are different from yours though
and require POST request. Your CSS is easier to exploit.

Exactly.  Although SF is now attributing BID 23802 (my XSS) to Jose as well :)

In  fact,  at least Russian D-Link support is very responsive to any bug
report,  but  it  seems  like  only  way  to get a response is to post a
problem on their forum.

So it seems, and there lies the problem, the UK forum at least does not
function in either Firefox or Konqueror.  I like vendors who respond by email
and I like vendors who respond[1] quickly even more :).

[1] such as our alternate discussion
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb () nth-dimension org uk>