Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Dailydave] What RedHat doesn't want you toknow about ExecShield (without NX)

From: "gary sweet" <gary.sweet.11 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:36:11 +1000

Brad Spengler wrote:
The problem is there's nothing you can do about my attack,
There are likely similar attacks to the NULL ptr issue. Its just a
well known/predictable invalid pointer dereference.

The attack I was referring to was the SELinux disabling, not the kernel exploit which allowed
me to disable SELinux, although it is also since it's highly unlikely that PaX's UDEREF will be
implemented in Fedora/RHEL there will be nothing you can do about the class of bugs you
mention either.

This coming from someone who spends his time 'hunting for Linux kernel
vulnerabilities' .. bravo Brad :rolleyes: