Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NewOrder.box.sk Inherits Severe

From: Aditya K Sood <zeroknock () metaeye org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:26:04 +0530

bugtraq () cgisecurity net wrote:
Referer checking will not stop open redirects you must create a whitelist. Consider the following

http://site/script?u=http://site/script?u=http://cnn.com

It will hit the script, redirect back to itself set the referer header then continue.

- Robert
http://www.cgisecurity.com/ Application security news and more.
http://www.cgisecurity.com/index.rss [RSS Feed]

Hello Aditya,
I see your point there. Hope they get it fixed. Should the patch involve
some referrer checking?

Regards,
-Nikolay Kichukov