Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Chinese Professor Cracks Fifth Data Security Algorithm (SHA-1)

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:48:55 -0700

3APA3A wrote:
I  know  meaning  of  'hash  function'  term,  I  wrote  few articles on
challenge-response   authentication   and   I  did  few  hash  functions
implementations  for  hashtables  and  authentication  in FreeRADIUS and
3proxy.  Can  I  claim  my  right  for  sarcasm after calling ability to
bruteforce 160-bit hash 2000 times faster 'a crack'?

Fair enough, your sarcasm tags didn't render properly in my MUA. I was
fooled by you stating that the birthday attack would be 150 bits.

                                                BB