Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: screen 4.0.3 local Authentication Bypass

From: "Lolek of TK53" <lolek1337 () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:05:43 +0200

Hi,
On 6/4/07, Christian Khark Lauf <full-disclosure () kharkerlake net> wrote:
Screen asks for a Password to unlock the screen.
Just press ctrl+c and it displays "Getpass error".
2 seconds later the screen is unlocked and you`ve access.
I can't reproduce this on either Mac OS X (screen 4.00.03) or
Debian (screen 4.00.02) ...

So goes here. Debian Etch, Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06.
But maybe it's because I have a password directive in my .screenrc
(You need to enter a password if you want to resume the session via
screen -r <name>)

Before every list member tests this and writes a mail because of a
configuration issue or a stupid patch introduces by OpenBSD, show us
some code that proves the claim.
Cheers
Lolek