Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 0DAY RFI in phpBB <= 2.0.22 HOT

From: Ashley Pinner <neothermic () phpbb com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:00:09 +0100

Renzen,

As has already been noted, functions_post.php has this at the top:

if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
        die('Hacking attempt');
}

Accessing functions_post.php directly does not set this variable, ergo
you will not be able to influence the includes below that line.

This is the case with most of the files in the includes directory; any
file that does not include the above lines does not have any code
outside of just functions and thus you are unable to influence the
variables as they would be out of scope.

If you feel that you have found a vulnerability, I would encourage you
to use our Security tracker to make a report, which can be found here:
http://www.phpbb.com/security/

Thank you,

NeoThermic
Support Team member, Incident Investigation Team leader, Audit Team member.