Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] Rutkowska faces ‘100% undetectable malware’ challenge, teasing?

From: wac <waldoalvarez00 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 05:29:31 -0400

Blah blah blah. Please someone tell Rokowska that we know about what she
calls "blue pill" since we where little kids.

It was exposed *years ago* (1995 to be exact > 12 years) by Mark A. Ludwig
in his Giant Book of Computer viruses Page 391 from American Eagle
Publications, Inc. Chapter "Protected mode stealth"

Basically was moving the operating system into userland and running the
virus in ring-0 making it almost undetectable. It was called Isnt not blue
whatever. Yes well with vanderpool technology should be a lot easier given
the hardware support.

And guess what.. We are still alive even with a POC virus and it's source
code available to the public.

I hate that kind of noisy sensationalist press so much. That guy is always
doing it.
And btw I don't believe such thing to be totally undetectable. There's
always a little catch.

Regards
Waldo