Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vista Reduced Function mode triggered

From: "Geo." <geoincidents () nls net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:12:05 -0500

In the short, I am unable to repro this. I'm currently running Vista on
two
systems; the other system is in a sandbox. (However, was "open" during the
activation process.)

One thing you might try is instead of cutting it off entirely from the
internet, use an external device to limit what internet addresses it can
talk to so that it has a valid and working gateway but it can't phone home.

Also, it didn't happen immediately, I implemented the routing and then it
was 3 days before I noticed things weren't working (may have been less but I
just didn't notice till then), tried rebooting to cure the problems, poked
around at other things, nothing helped. Then upon removing the routing and
letting it talk to the whole net it was only minutes before everything was
working again.

Geo.