Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Torpark breaks with DEP enabled, and how to break it further so that it works

From: KJKHyperion <hackbunny () s0ftpj org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 01:45:36 +0100

afed wrote:
I have come up with a unique and proprietary solution to the problems
presented by Torpark:
"problems"! Sorry mister, I'm afraid I can't share your negative outlook
on the matters at hand. What I presented to you was an _opportunity_.
Let's say, in a purely hypothetical fashion, that you made a copy of the
iexplore.exe executable, renaming it iexplore-nx.exe. Let's add, still
firmly in the realm of speculation, that you apply the binary hack I
described to said renamed executable. What you find yourself with,
gentleman, is a copy of Internet Explorer you, security researcher, can
use to test those pesky shellcode exploits with, without disabling DEP
globally.

You will surely concede that it is, indeed, nifty
Don't download or look at CP.
killjoy. It's people like you who make IT security so dull. Next thing
you know, you'll decry selling 0-day exploits for a profit