Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Fwd: beyond security sucks at coding

From: reepex <reepex () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:08:07 -0600

In case you missed it before

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: reepex <reepex () gmail com>
Date: Dec 23, 2007 8:22 PM
Subject: beyond security sucks at coding
To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>

http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/4773

Gadi and Noam Rathaus and the crew suck at coding once again.

From the "exploit":

 my $ciphers = "";
 my $ciphers_length = pack('n', length($ciphers));

 my $certificate = "";
 my $certificate_length = pack('n', length($certificate));

I think the italian Phd students can write better perl than this.

You have to give it to Gadi and friends though spending the last year (
http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2006-4343 Original release
date:9/28/2006 ) writing this complex exploit and testing it to work
on all
platforms ever created.
Noam's inability to code now shows me why all his books (
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Noam%20Rathaus&page=1)
are basic extensions and ripoffs of other peoples' code and why he
contributes nothing original or useful.

I guess to work at beyond security you must be a master in the art of
copy/paste, stealing code, and bullshitting technical "knowledge"