Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Professional IT Security Reviewers - Exposed] SecReview ( F - )

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:00:40 -0500

On Dec 20, 2007 7:19 PM, SecReview <secreview () hushmail com> wrote:
1.) What are your qualifications for reviewing these companies?

We are a team of security professionals that have been performing a
wide array of penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, web
application security services etc. One of our team members has
founded two different security companies both of which have been
very successful and have offered high quality services. Yes we have
all sorts of pretty little certifications, but those don't really
matter.

So this is basically a tacit admission that every one of your "team"
has something to gain by smearing the competition.  At this point, I'm
inclined to believe that the firms you've scored favorably are your
employers.  You're not only incompetent, it seems that you're
unethical as well.  Not that I'm surprised.

PaulM