Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [UPDATE]CA BrightStor ARCServe BackUp Message Engine Remote Stack Overflow Vulnerability

From: Code Audit Labs <vulnhunt () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:55:32 +0800

About half year ago , We decided to NOT audit CA BrightStor ARCServe
Backup any longer, Just because the produce have too many vulnerability
that's not hard to be discovered.

I think CA had better to full code audit for their produces .

cocoruder 写道:
[UPDATE]CA BrightStor ARCServe BackUp Message Engine Remote Stack
Overflow Vulnerability

by cocoruder(frankruder_at_hotmail.com)
http://ruder.cdut.net, updated on 2007.12.06

    A remote stack overflow vulnerability exist in the RPC interface
of CA BrightStor ARCServe BackUp. An arbitrary anonymous attacker can
execute arbitrary code on the affected system by exploiting this
vulnerability.

--
Code Audit Labs
http://www.vulnhunt.com/