Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Konqueror: URL address bar spoofing vulnerabilities

From: Robert Swiecki <jagger () swiecki net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:13:05 +0200

paraw wrote:

The first example uses setInterval() call with relatively small interval
value (e.g. 0) to change window.location property. A browser is
entrapped within the attacking web site while the user thinks that
browser actually left the page.
http://alt.swiecki.net/konq2.html
[...]

Didn't really work on my computer. The content of the address bar could be seen changing
continuously between swiecki.net and google.com, probably in a way similar to what happens with Safari.

I tested this one with Konqueror 3.5.5 (on Debian Etch) and it worked
for me. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Tested with Konqueror 3.5.7 on Linux 2.6

Again, it didn't work. My address bar showed "%20 () alt swiecki net/saft2.html", aligned to the right.

I suppose this behaviour is related to this patch
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2007-July/064654.html

It seems to me that only patched konquerors are vulnerable :)

--
Robert Swiecki