Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: McAfee Virus Scan for Linux and Unix v5.10.0 Local Buffer Overflow

From: Joseph Hick <leet16y () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:57:12 -0700 (PDT)

Imagine this...

One linux system maintained by admin. I do not have
root access but I can create and edit fles. Admin runs
virus scan. I create an exploit file. It exploits
virus scan. I get the privileges of the user running
the virus scan.

--- Harry Muchow <wonderfulandromeda () gmail com> wrote:

V - EXPLOIT CODE

An exploit for this vulnerability has been
developed but will not
released to the general public at this time.

Don't ever release that to general public. Why would
we like to run rm
-rf / in such a funny way? I can type the command in
the shell if all
I want to do is attack myself. ;-)