Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Rapid integer factorization = end of RSA?

From: Stephan Gammeter <st () netrent ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:21:51 +0200

virus () nolog org schrieb:
Hello,

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt wrote:

If you have, in fact, come up with a fast method of integer
factorization, the currently unfactored challenges (RSA-704 and above)
would be better proof, no?

no. We're talking about mathemetics, aren't we? So, an example for a
assumption is not a *proof*. Neither are two or three...

Are you by any chance related to James Harris?

Nope. Trying to prove Fermat's theorem is not from interest for me :)

GTi

Just factor a damn RSA-Challenge, then we'll believe you without seeing
an actual proof. If not, you're just waisting our time with spamtastic
entertainment.