Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apache Illegal Request Handling Possible XSS Vulnerability

From: Kradorex Xeron <admin () digibase ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:11:19 -0400

That would severely cut most extensibility and require further implementations
to be hardcoded, thus limiting apache's modular nature.

The original RFC would be insufficient for it's list as there are modules such
as webdav (as in the previous example) that add to that list of methods

Apache isn't just your basic run-of-the-mill "GET/POST" HTTPD, it is highly
extensible, sure, if it WAS a basic one, I could see limiting that list, but
it's quite advanced and modular in design.