Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OT? - TDBanknorth + merchant's CC auth

From: "Micheal Espinola Jr" <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:19:19 -0400

Its a part of the original transaction that you authorized, so TD has to let
Sear do whatever they want.

It sounds fucked up, but once you authorize a company to make a credit-based
transaction, they can in-turn do whatever the hell they want without
interference from your bank or credit provider.  You have to deal with them
directly if there is a dispute, unless you claim fraudulent activity in
which case your bank or credit provider may choose to interfere with the
transaction on your behalf.